Saturday, January 13, 2007

When It Rains It Pours!

Such a cliche, but oh, so true.

This weekend, the kids are in New York City for the first time with their dad, off to the Museum of Natural History (helps that they just saw Night at the Museum last week, right?) and the Statue of Liberty. So while they are off having fun, I'm home, cleaning. Realtors coming at noon today for a showing, and tomorrow at ten. That's am. Who looks at houses at ten o'clock on a Sunday?? So now, I have to get out of bed, early, on a weekend.

In order to ready the house for the showings, not only do I have to clean, but there's still that little issue of the saturated Christmas ornaments in the basement from the other day. Yes, I washed the washables already, tossed the unwashables, and purchased new PLASTIC bins to repack the remaining ornaments in. Not that big of an issue, right?

Well, I'm down there, in the basement, on my knees on the cold concrete floor, happily packing the ornaments away, when what should I find? One of the cats has now used one of the open boxes of drying ornaments as a LITTER BOX. Now I have to deal with cat pee! Did I mention realtors are coming?!

Can somebody please remind me why I have pets again. Please?

3 Comments:

Blogger ORION said...

I howled!
Our girl kitty has decided to take a dump in the shower occasionally...Brown teak grate against brown...well it is hard to see but Yanno - it's easy to figure out once you step in it...

7:42 PM  
Blogger LadyBronco said...

Oh, but we have pets to remind us that our kids are not the messiest beings on the planet, no matter what we think.

1:36 PM  
Blogger ORION said...

Hey I posted my query letter on my blog like Holly did.
FYI

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home