Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Martha Stewart, I Ain't!

I dislike baking immensely. Well, except for chocolate chip cookies, which can be very therapeutic (not to mention tasty).

My fiasco started with wanting some cranberry nut bread. And fancy that, you actually need to plan, in advance, to purchase ingredients. Christmas eve and there are no cranberries to be had, anywhere. But wait. What are those? Dried cranberries? They'll have to do. Then finding that the walnuts in my pantry are moldy. Gee, I didn't think they were that old. And then, finding I have no loaf pans.

But what the heck, I can bake it in a cake pan, right? Get the batter into the oven, sans nuts. Two minutes later I see my carefully beaten egg right where I left it, in cup. ACK!

Scrape out the now-warm batter, introduce egg, stir, but by now my baking soda's job is being ruined by my spoon. Oh, well.

It didn't taste too bad, considering. And when the day was done, I glanced at my container of cranberries. I'd actually bought dried cherries.

It's the thought that counts, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger ORION said...

This blog was so ME!!!
I remember making a cake when I was young. I forgot the sugar & was halfway through the baking time! I just pulled it out and added it.
Yeech!

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home