Monday, January 22, 2007

Living in a Fishbowl


Since Thursday, we've had six showings of the house. Hard to keep the house realtor-clean every day with 2 kids, four cats, and three dogs. Oh, yeah, and the two fish. Just when you think it's clean, you turn around to find something undone, or the puppies found the one thing you forgot to pick up, or the kids spilled that one last drink, and now there's another toothpaste glob in the sink.

But all this cleaning hasn't been for naught. Yesterday we received an offer on the house, which my brother accepted. Now we have until March 1st, assuming the deal goes through, to move into a house almost half the size, and twenty miles away. The down side is we'll be a bit tight. The plus side is our expenses will be cut by two thirds.

Buzz's main concern is where we'll be putting his skateboard ramps, as we will not have a garage, and the basement is too small. Lotus wants to make sure she has her privacy. My main concern is the two outdoor cats, used to living in the country, will now have to adjust to living in the 'burbs, where yards are less than 1/4 acre each.

Downsizing again. Preparation for living in an RV? Perhaps. Being able to save money every month will be wonderful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Holly Kennedy said...

Congrats on the sale of your house. I've been in your shoes, but I sold our last two homes without a real estate agent, a whole other level of stress (or stupidity, depending how you look at it!)

I HATE moving; the boxes, the packing... followed by the unpacking. But saving money every month makes it worthwhile.

We moved across the country from a 4500 sq ft home to a 3000 sq foot home and I sold and gave away tons of stuff. It was stressful, but necessary, and today we're sooooo much happier.

I wish you great luck!

2:13 PM  
Blogger LadyBronco said...

Brava on the seemingly quick sale of your house!

Good luck moving.
I hate moving, and I hope I never have to do it again.

8:50 PM  
Blogger ORION said...

I'm weird.
I love moving. I love change but I do not want to move from ORION.
I think I will move to the other side of the couch.
*smile*

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home