Saturday, August 11, 2007

I'm Back! After technical difficulties

Yep, it's been a while since I've blogged. Mostly because I was still decompressing from the move, still living out of boxes, house a mess. Wreaks havoc with my psyche! And to top it off, the keyboard on my laptop had missing keys and keys falling off right and left. Very hard to type, especially if you're as anal about spelling as I am.

I'm a bit slow, but someone finally clued me in that you can actually replace (really?!) laptop keyboards. Somebody had better clue in the kid over at my local computer store. I mean, after I discovered this wonderful trick, I found a keyboard online. But being the impatient sort that I am, I figured if I could pick one up from the local Geeks R Us store, I wouldn't have to wait a week.

Well darned if that MORON tattooed on my forehead didn't decide to show itself when I asked if they had any laptop keyboards for sale. The salesman (who looked no more than twelve!) proceeded to show me the keyboard aisle. "We have dozens..."

"But," I said, "I don't see any for laptops."

To which he replied, "Sure. Just get a USB keyboard and plug it into the laptop and..."

"But I want to REPLACE the keyboard on the LAPTOP, not just hook up an external one."

His eyes widened. "You can't do that."

"Uh, yes, you can. Two screws..."

"Oh, I wouldn't try that if I were you. You'd better talk to our repair service."

To which my answer was, "C'mon, Buzz, let's blow this popsicle stand!"

Keyboard arrived yesterday, popped out the busted one, screwed in the new one, and voila! Zany has a working keyboard again! Woo Hoo!!

I still want to know why, no matter where I go, it's assumed I'm a moron. And I'm not even a blonde! But I s'pose that's fodder for another day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Holly Kennedy said...

Wow. I'm impressed re: the keyboard. I am a blond, btw, but even if I were a redhead I don't think I'd try it on my own (ha!!)

12:32 AM  
Blogger Erica Ridley said...

Sounds like the Geeks R Us CSR was the moron! Glad you got the new keyboard all situated--yay! =)

10:37 AM  
Blogger LadyBronco said...

Hehe...the moron probably figured you were a girl and therefore knew nothing!

Way to show 'em!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Kate Thornton said...

Good to see you bacl blogging! And love the keyboard story - now I know I can do it if I need to. You're always an inspiration!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home