Sunday, February 18, 2007

Moving, Ice, and Puppies

Trying to haul heavy boxes from the house to the car down ice-laden steps is just pure insanity. We had an icy snow storm last Wednesday, and temps have stayed in the teens and low 20s since then. Unless you stood outside all day on Weds. and scraped and shoveled, there was no doing it later. It's frozen solid. The front lawn is a sheet of ice. If I hadn't already packed my skates, I could skate on the yard. Seriously.

So, I'm still getting over the virus, still achy and chills, nose clogged, and I'm trying to navigate the treacherous steps to load my car with boxes. Not fun. Somehow I managed one big load. Not as much as I could have moved, had I not had the virus, but a good amount.

And while I was risking life and limb for the move, the puppies invaded my desk. Yes, desk. And somehow locked me out of my computer. I never made a password, yet now it demanded one.

Right before bed, one of the little darling puppies decided to take a dump in my bedroom. Unfortunately, Buzz did not see the pile until it was too late, and had stepped in it and tracked it all over the carpet. Right before bed, and now I have to clean a shoe and scrub the carpet in about six spots. And toss the comforter in the wash.

Somedays I wish I just stayed in bed. Anybody want some darling, devious puppies?

5 Comments:

Blogger The Princess Mom said...

I'll pass on the puppies. How is it kids don't notice dog doo on the carpet? Or is it a guy thing?

1:57 PM  
Blogger Zany Mom said...

The room was dark, so he stepped in it on the way to the lamp, then tracked it on the way out...

3:57 PM  
Blogger Kate Thornton said...

I love puppies! And yours are darling.

I always forgive doggie poo-poo. I have trained mine to go in specific areas outside, but if I forget and leave them indoors too long, then it's my fault after all.

But just the thought of you having to clean up makes me want to give you a hug and some pet stain & stinky remover stuff.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Bernita said...

One of those times when you close your mouth, close your nose and grimly deal with it - because you just don't have enough energy to scream.

8:26 AM  
Blogger LadyBronco said...

Hey Zany!

How did moving go??

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home