Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The End of an Era


I knew this day was coming since my divorce 2.5+ years ago. It was just a matter of time.

My lovely stenciled Victorian houses, each one unique, are now history. They have been officially painted over.

Truth is, I'm surprised he didn't do it sooner. Thank goodness for digital photos.

I painted those when my kids were toddlers. It's amazing I didn't get more paint on the furniture. The border went completely around the room and into the front hall.

RIP

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate Thornton said...

It's better this way - now they are in your memory, indelible, unchanging, the satistfying deliciousness of sweet memories.

Now they belong only to you and to your kids, a piece of shared experience that will bring a smile in years to come.

Let him have his old paint...

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home