Friday, November 03, 2006

A Novel in November

It's November, national novel writing month. No, I haven't exactly signed up to write a novel, though I have one that needs to be finished and another that needs an overhaul. Problem is, life always throws just enough stuff at me (and you, too, I'm sure) to keep me from having uninterrupted time to focus.

You know, the usual.

So I decided to use the momentum of November being novel writing month, and intead of starting a new project, I figured I'd force myself to finish the one I'm working on. After all, it's been two years. It's about time. I don't care if it makes sense, I don't care if it's drivel. I need to finish it. Write that last word. The End. Oh, how very satisfying.

It's hard to get back into the groove when you haven't written in a while. Like Larry in Throw Momma From the Train, I've been stuck on "The night was..." forever.

So, toss the excuses, bring on the chocolate, and fire up the keyboard. Here we go!

1 Comments:

Blogger LadyBronco said...

My other favorite line from that movie...
"A writer writes...always." It's almost as good as "the night was moist." LOL
What a great movie.

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home